7/14/2010

Sunday and Monday the 11th and 12th

Reflection.
Two fairly uneventful and lazy days.
The breaking of bread meeting was nice; I had a lot of time to meditate as most of it was in Telugu (spoken language of AP). Me and Gideon were joined by Mohan, Mali, Joel and Munchka (a girl about Joel's age from door).
Suma arrived today (Monday) with Mali's mother and sister who had come to take Mali home; also in the house were Gideon, Mohan and one of Gid's keyboard students. The house filled with quick Telugu banter and lots of laughing so I sat and observed for a while before turning to Nelson Mandela's 'Long Walk to Freedom'.
It could feel quite lonely but I've found that having very few external inputs and outputs has caused me to turn inwards, discovering a lot about myself. I've often asked in prayer for patience and strength and now, daily, I'm presented with situations to refine both.

Spiderman stops for no man.
Sunday night was a late one because Joel couldn't get past a certain point, very early on, in the spider man computer game so Gideon and I were helping him. In the early hours of the morning from my bed I heard the words ''Daddy, play tomorrow ok? I'm tired ok?''.
On Monday Gideon was scolded by Suma at lunch time because he couldn't put the game down! The frustration on his part was caused by the fact that all his 'hard work' from the night before had been wasted as there was not enough game memory to save the 'progress'.
But tomorrow is, as they say, another day!

Firsts!
I have now, for the first time since being in India...
- met Suma
- managed to finish a meal
- ridden in an auto-rickshaw (and an odd converted truck/van thing. On both we made a number of stops to let more people in and often open-mouthed stares took place on the faces of those who got in and sat opposite me..!)
- had a good night's sleep!! Yaaaaaaay!
... a tired Lyds also makes for a grumpy Lyds, but last night I didn't wake up till morning! Absolutely bizarre dream but I slept wonderfully!
- had a face to face convo with another white person -> Duncan comes to Vizag.
- woken up and had no idea where I was! Probably due to bizarre dream where I was in the Czech republic or the Netherlands or something, but I woke up, looked around and thought ''I really don't know where I am!''.
Following thought processes went:
Computer.... someone's study in England? Plugs... definitely abroad... c'mon Lyds.... shelves of clothing... Joel's clothes - oh yeah. India.

No comments:

Post a Comment