8/03/2010

Thursday 22nd July

Joel.
Joel, my four year-old housemate, doesn't know what ''behaving'' means so when he's being naughty and I say ''What are you doing Joel?'' he replies ''Nothing, I do nothing..." so I say ''Are you behaving?'' ''I'm not behaving Auntie''. No, I thought not.
:)
He comes into my room, perching on the end of my bed which is in front of the AC and says ''It's cool, AC is cool'', pulling a face like that of a dog with it's head out the window.
The other morning he woke me up by tapping me on the arm and said what I thought was ''Auntie I use cakie'' to which I replied ''errm.. erg sure Joel'' and went back to sleep as he walked off. I'm then awoken again by a puzzled Gracie who says '' Lydia, why is there some Budgie on your bed..?''.
Budgie being a sweet cake thing often served to Joel for breakfast.

Oooh, white people!
There were two white people in Kadium today; Tony from New Zealand and Justin from England, both friendly and interesting central Christadelphians =]
Go all the way to India and reminisce about McDonalds, bland food and KFC..!

Marmee.
Spoke to my mum about 12 o'clock today (7.30am England time) It was so good to hear her voice, especially as I haven't been feeling that well! I hadn't realise how much I missed her until I spoke to her and started to well up... <3

And tonight?
We are going to Ruth and Boaz's house for an evening Bible talk, the mental stimulation will be nice after a few days of nothing! If I spend anymore time in the company of Nelson Mandela I may be compelled to start some sort of revolution!
The talk was really cool, it was pitch black and they hung up two light bulbs on long wires, draped over washing lines and walls!
Once they got into the Telugu I turned around and made friends with these two local girls (about ten years old?) and they were really cool and funny, I taught them my name and some English words!

No comments:

Post a Comment